1. Writing and reading have been very important in my academic and personal life. In academics reading and writing have always been critical tools in succeeding in academics. However, I write in my everyday life as well, through facebook and email.In my professional life I havent had to write and read that much but I know that it someday will be very important.
2. I think that the most difficult part of academic writing is getting all my thoughts down into a good structured paper. It is hard for me to get my ideas down in an organized way. I want to improve on using structure effectively and spelling.
3. I enjoy reading magazines and online articles that I am interested in. Reading different genres has helped my writing by allowing me to think more out of the box and be more creative. The connection between reading and writing is very important because reading allows you to think of ideas and writing allows you to get those ideas on paper.
4. Research papers always make a little nervous because they involve a lot of steps and reading to develup a really good paper. However, it seems like it is going to be interesting because we can research a topic we are interested in.
5. I think I want to research on sexism because it is very interesting to me. I think it relates to the major I am thinking about, criminal justice because women have always been seen as the weaker sex.
6. I would conduct research by looking up information on the internet and in books. I would also try and interview my peers and see how they feel about this topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment